Would you like to install Windows 10 From a USB drive?
You’re probably moving from Linux , or you might want a fresh install to clean up your machine and get it all running smoothly again.
Whatever the reason, it’s a straightforward affair to install Windows. You simply need to get a duplicate of the installation files from the Windows site and run it on your machine at that point.
You can use a portable USB stick or run the application files specifically from your hard drive.
If you need to reinstall the operating system regularly or you need to install windows on multiple machines, it’s best to use a USB stick.
Read this also: Is Windows Media Player For Windows 10 Available?
How to Install Windows 10 From a USB Drive ?
It’s easy to use a USB stick to install Windows.
Just follow the following instructions:
Insert your computer with a USB stick. It needs something like 5GB capacity and needs to be formatted before transferring files.
Download and install EaseUS Partition Master Free on the idle device, which may be your old or friend’s.
Open EaseUS Master Partition .
Right-click the partition for the USB drive, and choose the partition for Setup.
From the drop-down file system list, pick the FAT32 file system (FAT32 is the best file system and can boot either BIOS or UEFI-based PCs). Save Changes to Apply.
Right-click the partition of the USB drive, and select Set active.Then Click Apply to Submit.
Only when your USB flash drive partition style is primary , the Set active option is available.
- Browse to microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10.
- To get a duplicate of the Windows 10 installation media, select the Download tool now.
- Run the file that was downloaded.
- Choose to Create installation media when prompted.
- You will be asked on the next screen which media you want to use. Select a USB flash drive.
- Download and copy the installation media to the USB drive.
- Hit on Finish.
- Set the PC to boot from the USB drive that you need to install Windows. This can normally be done from the BIOS menu of the PC. Exact instructions vary from one manufacturer to another.
- Insert and restart your computer with the USB stick.
- Follow the installation instructions on the screen.
Installing Windows 10 on an external hard drive also would be better. So you can use your own custom Windows 10 operating system anywhere you go.
How to copy a larger Windows 10 file to FAT 32 USB drive?
You will not be able to copy the file larger than 4 GB to a FAT32 USB flash drive due to the restriction of the FAT32 file system, but the Windows 10 image file reaches the FAT32 file size limit of 4 GB.
This way, you can repair the file copy issue.
Step 1: Use this command to copy everything to the USB drive except the Windows image file (sources\install.wim), where D: is the ISO installed and E: is the USB flash drive).
robocopy D: E: /s /max:3800000000
Step 2. Split the image file of Windows into smaller files and put the smaller files on the USB drive:
Dism /Split-Image /ImageFile:D:\sources\install.wim /SWMFile:E:\sources\install.swm /FileSize:3800
Read this Also: Things to do after installing Windows 10
You can buy a genuine Windows 10 product key from Amazon.