Today, the Aadhaar card is a necessary document for each individual, including children and newborn babies in India, as proof of identity and address. If anybody does not have an Aadhaar card, one can easily apply for it.
Can we apply for Aadhaar card online?
Even though the full process of the Aadhaar application is not online we can start the process online.
The procedure to apply for the Aadhaar card is here:
Application procedure for Aadhaar Card
- A registration center can be found near you. Visit the UIDAI website to find Banks/Post Offices Enrollment Centers.
- Other types of registration centers are available from here.
- Once you have the closest details about the center, you can even visit it directly.
- Don’t forget to arrange the supporting documents containing 1 proof of identity, 1 proof of address, and 1 proof of birth date. To find out the complete list click here.
- When you visit the enrollment center for the Aadhaar card, you must fill out the registration form from the center.
- The enrollment form is easily available online also on https://uidai.gov.in/resources/enrolment-docs/downloads.html
- You can print from the web address above and fill it before you reach the center.
- Then submit the registration form and the above-supporting documents. Officials of the Aadhaar center will also record your biometric evidence after that.
- Once the center collects all details, you will receive an acknowledgment slip for your enrollment. It consists of a 14-digit enrollment number that allows you to check the status of your application from the UIDAI website mentioned below.
More details about enrollment ID is available here.
- The data will be centrally verified and the Aadhaar number will be sent to your address by post if the data is verified successfully. It may take up to 90 days (3 months) to send you the Aadhaar card.
How to check the Aadhaar Card Online allocation status?
- To check the status you have to go to the UIDAI website and use the enrollment number to see if you have been allotted an Aadhaar number.
- From the acknowledgment slip (enrollment number), you need the following two items on the top of the slip to get status:
- 14-digit enrollment number
- Date and time of enrollment
E-Aadhaar Card Download
Once the Aadaar number is generated in your name you can download a PDF copy of the same through the UIDAI Aadhaar download link.
Here you have to provide your Aadhaar number or Enrolment ID. If you have generated Virtual ID earlier you can give that too.
Once you have given all the details in the form, as shown above, enter an OTP which will be received on your registered mobile.
Now your E-Aadhaar will be download. As mentioned earlier this is a password protected PDF file.
Password for an E-Aadhaar card is a combination of the first four letters of your name in capital and year of birth.
For example, if your name is SURESH and the year of birth is 1990, the password will be SURE1990.
The same procedure can be followed at any time you want an Aadhaar copy, even after a UIDAI Aahaar update.
Read This Also: How to Link Aadhaar card to PAN
Documents that serve as proof of address for Aadhaar application:
- Bank Statement/Passbook
- Post Office Account Statement/Passbook
- Ration Card
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Government Photo ID cards/service photo identity card issued by PSU
- Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Water bill (not older than 3 months)
- Telephone Landline Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Property Tax Receipt (not older than 3 months)
- Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months)
- Insurance Policy
- From Bank-Signed Letter having Photo on letterhead
- Registered company-Signed Letter having Photo issued on the letterhead
- Signed Letter having Photo from Recognized Educational Instruction on letterhead
- NREGS Job Card
- Arms License
- Pensioner Card
- Freedom Fighter Card
- Kisan Passbook
- CGHS/ECHS Card
- Certificate of Address having photo issued by MP or MLA or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead
- Certificate of Address issued by Village Panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas) Income Tax Assessment Order
- Vehicle Registration Certificate
- Registered Sale/Lease/Rent Agreement
- Address Card having Photo from Department of Posts
- Caste and Domicile Certificate having Photo by State Govt.
- Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT Governments/Administrations
- Gas Connection Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Passport of Spouse
- Passport of Parents (in case of Minor)
Documents that serve as proof of birth date:
- SSLC Book/CertificatePassport
- Certificate of Date of Birth issued by Group A Gazetted Officer on letterhead
Subscribe to our free newsletter so that you will get similar articles and regular updates directly in your Email.
Also, don’t forget to share this article with your friends and relatives.
You may be interested to read:
- Know about UIDAI’s mAadhaar app
- How to Link Aadhaar card With PAN?
- Link your Aadhaar to Mobile number from home or office
- How to link Aadhaar with BSNL mobile number?