Today, the Aadhaar card is used for each individual, including children and newborn babies in India, as proof of identity and address. If anybody does not have an Aadhaar card, anyone can easily apply for it. The procedure for applying for the Aadhaar card is here:
Application procedure for Aadhaar Card
- Once you have the closest details about the center, you can even visit it directly.
- Don’t forget to arrange the supporting documents containing 1 proof of identity, 1 proof of address and 1 proof of birth date. To find out the complete list click here.
- When you visit the enrollment center for the Aadhaar card, you must fill out the registration form from the center.
- The enrollment form is easily available online also on https://uidai.gov.in/resources/enrolment-docs/downloads.html
- You can print from the web address above and fill it before you reach the center.
- Then submit the registration form and the above-supporting documents. Officials of the Aadhaar center will also record your biometric evidence after that.
- Once the center collects all details, you will receive an acknowledgment slip for your enrollment. It consists of a 14-digit enrollment number that allows you to check the status of your application from the UIDAI website mentioned below.
More details about enrollment ID is available here .
- The data will be centrally verified and the Aadhaar number will be sent to your address by post if the data is verified successfully. It may take up to 90 days (3 months) to send you the Aadhaar card.
How to check the Aadhaar Card Online allocation status?
- To check the status you have to go to the UIDAI website and use the enrollment number to see if you have been allotted an Aadhaar number.
- From the acknowledgment slip (enrollment number), the following two items are displayed on the top of the slip to get status:
- 14-digit enrollment number
- Date and time of enrollment
Read This Also: How to Link Aadhaar card to PAN
Documents that serve as proof of address:
- Bank Statement/Passbook
- Post Office Account Statement/Passbook
- Ration Card
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Government Photo ID cards/service photo identity card issued by PSU
- Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Water bill (not older than 3 months)
- Telephone Landline Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Property Tax Receipt (not older than 3 months)
- Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months)
- Insurance Policy
- From Bank-Signed Letter having Photo on letterhead
- Registered company-Signed Letter having Photo issued on letterhead
- Signed Letter having Photo issued by Recognized Educational Instruction on letterhead
- NREGS Job Card
- Arms License
- Pensioner Card
- Freedom Fighter Card
- Kisan Passbook
- CGHS/ECHS Card
- Certificate of Address having photo issued by MP or MLA or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead
- Certificate of Address issued by Village Panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas) Income Tax Assessment Order
- Vehicle Registration Certificate
- Registered Sale/Lease/Rent Agreement
- Address Card having Photo issued by Department of Posts
- Caste and Domicile Certificate having Photo issued by State Govt.
- Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT Governments/Administrations
- Gas Connection Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Passport of Spouse
- Passport of Parents (in case of Minor)
Documents that serve as proof of birth date:
- SSLC Book/CertificatePassport
- Certificate of Date of Birth issued by Group A Gazetted Officer on letterhead