mAadhaar aims to give an interface to Aadhaar cardholders to digitally carry their statistic data with them all over the place.
mAadhaar app offers an Aadhhar holder to carry a soft copy of their Aadhaar card instead of carrying the physical copy of the same. In short, mAadhaar means mobile version of your Aadhaar card.
Aiming this target UIDAI has developed a ‘mAadhaar’ application that truly empowers you to bear your Aadhaar card with you.
It is available both in android and iOs.
You will get more idea about the installation process of mAadhaar from the following video.
While the nation keeps on discussing over Aadhaar and security, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has revealed the ‘mAadhaar’ application to actually bear our Aadhaars in our pockets.
Read this Also: How to Apply for Aadhaar card
As per its official depiction, the application plans to give an interface to Aadhaar number holders to carry or convey their demographic data, which is, name, date of birth, sex and address alongside photos.
The application requires each user to link their mobile phone numbers with their Aadhaar accounts.
In the event that one’s mobile number isn’t linked with Aadhaar, you must visit the closest Aadhaar enrollment / updation Center.
Each aadhaar holder can avail of an array of aadhaar services and also they have a personalized section in this app.
Some of the key highlights of this application are listed below:
- Multi-language support: This application enables the user to see the details in their regional language. But the input fields are only available in English.
- Mobile Aadhaar: A simple approach to convey Aadhaar number with statistic details of user interest whenever required.
- Universality: Any Indian resident can install and use the mAadhaar.But the personalized profile is only available for one having a valid Aadhaar number.
- Aadhaar online services available: An mAadhaar user can use the featured services for themselves or for any other user who wants Aadhaar related help.
The following are the featured services available in mAadhaar.
- Main Dashboard: This is the place where a user can avail or raise a request for different services such as download or reprint aadhaar, verify aadhaar, verify the address or email, share or scan QR code, etc.
- My Aadhaar: This is the section in which a user can lock or unlock their aadhaar or biometric authentification.
- TOTP Generation: Time based one-time password can be generated automatically which is used instead of SMS based OTP.
- Update Aadhaar profile – According to the official description, mAadhaar demonstrates an updated version of your Aadhaar profile after the effective completion of an update request.
- Share QR code and eKYC information by Aadhaar Number holder – This provision enables you to share QR code and secret key secured eKYC information for safe and paperless verification
- Multi profile: Any Aadhaar holder can use up to three profiles in their profile section if all these profiles are registered with the same mobile number.
Requirements for using mAadhaar
- An android smartphone or iPhone with a valid mobile number.
- The mobile number should be linked with your Aadhaar number
- The smartphone should have internet connectivity too.
Frequently Asked Questions about mAadhaar
mAadhaar app offers an Aadhhar holder to carry a soft copy of their Aadhaar card instead of having the physical copy of the same.
This a security feature providing by the mAadhar app by which a resident can either lock his biometric details to be used by anyone else or disable the lock.
TOTP is an automatically generating Time-based One-Time Password.
TOTP replaces the SMS based OTP.
mAadhaar app download is possible either from Playstore or from Appstore depending upon your mobile device.