What to Do If Mobile Falls in Water?
The phones are likely to fall into the water sometimes, especially during the rainy season. There are other possibilities also, the phone may be dropped into the water accidentally.
It is also a common practice to check whether the phone is working or it is warmed up soon after it has fallen off the water.
Experts say that if you take care of some of these things you can protect your device by yourself even after the phone fell into the water.
If you try to operate the phone taking it out of the water may lead to the destruction of the device.
Here we are trying to describe the things to be taken care of when a phone falls into the water.
Related: Things to consider while buying a smartphone
Fixing a Phone Dropped in Water
- It is suggested that the phone be removed from the water as quickly as possible. Some smartphones include a waterproof covering that can withstand water damage for a few seconds. The severity of the phone damage grows as the phone’s time in water increases.
- Do not turn on the phone immediately after it has been taken out of the water. Turn off the phone if it is not switched on. Switching off the phone prevents any short circuits from harming the phone’s internal components.
- Do not press any button or key on the phone. Also, avoid shaking the phone. We also warn you not to connect it to a charger, since this can create a short circuit and severe damage.
- The SIM, microSD card, battery (if it is removable), and any protective cover should be removed from the phone as soon as they are turned off.
- Wipe the water with a dry cloth or paper.
- Do not blow air to the charging port or in other parts to prevent water from the phone. This will cause water to penetrate more parts of the phone.
- Do not heat the phone using a drier or microwave. Also, do not try to cool it down in the freezer.
- If it is dipped well in water, you can pull the water out of the gaps carefully using a vacuum machine.
- After removing the rear panel (if it is removable)., you can lay the gadget in direct sunshine to dry This will aid in the full drying of the handset.
- It is good to put the phone in a bowl filled with rice after it is wrapped with a paper cover. You can also use a phone drying pouch for this purpose. Do not put the phone in the rice bowl directly. This is one of the most well-known and widely utilized procedures. Instead of rice, you may try oatmeal or silica gel packs.
- Allow the phone to soak in the rice for at least 24 to 48 hours. Preferably after 2 days of water draining charge the phone and try to on it. Do not even try to pull the phone out during this time to see if it has begun operating or not. If it failed to turn on, you can take it to an authorized service center for an expert check-up. They will be able to disassemble your phone and examine the damage more accurately. Remember that water damage is not covered by your smartphone’s normal warranty.
- Make sure that all the options work properly for a few days, even when the phone is turned on. But the first thing you should do if it is switched on is back up all of your data. Certain components of the phone are in danger of rapidly deteriorating after being immersed in water. So, the smartphone’s lifespan will be drastically reduced. You should, however, have ample time to choose a new model.
Precaution from Water Damage to the Phone
There are a few things you can do to keep your phone from becoming wet in the first place.
You can obtain a waterproof carry pouch if you are traveling during the rainy season or heading to a beach/swimming pool. They are offered at extremely low prices on e-commerce platforms such as Amazon.
You can buy waterproof pouches for mobiles from Amazon. These pouches contain a clear window through which you can see incoming alerts.
Another option is to use waterproof smartphones. While these phones are not suitable for deep-sea diving, they are durable enough to endure minor water sprays and rain.
The IP certification for water and dust resistance protects the phone even if it is submerged for at least 30 minutes in 1 meter of water. This water protection is also useful when traveling during the rainy season.
Related: Why does mobile battery blast?
Hope this article is helpful to you. Stay updated about our new articles by following our Facebook and Twitter pages.
Subscribe to our free newsletter so that you will get regular updates directly in your Email.
Also, don’t forget to share the same with your relatives and friends.