The phones are likely to fall into the water some times, especially at the rainy season. There are other chances also, the phone may fall into the water accidentally. It is also a common practice to check whether the phone is working or it is warmed up soon after it has fallen off the water. Experts say that if you take care of some of the things you can protect your device by yourself even after the phone fell in water. If you try to operate the phone by taking out from water may lead to the destruction of the device.
Here we are trying to describe the things to be taken care of when a phone falls in water.
What to do when the phone fell in water
- Do not turn on the phone immediately after it has been taken out of the water. Turn off the phone if it is not switched off.
- The SIM, microSD card and the battery should be removed from the phone as soon as they are turned off.
- Do not press any button or key on the phone. Also, avoid shaking of the phone.
- Do not blow air to the charging port or in other parts to prevent the water from the phone. This will cause water to penetrate more parts of the phone.
- Wipe the water with a dry cloth or paper.
- Do not heat the phone using drier or microwave. Also, do not try to cool down with freezer.
- If it is dipped well in water, you can pull the water out of the gaps carefully using a vacuum machine.
- It is good to put the phone in a bowl filled with rice after it is wrapped with a paper cover. You can also use phone drying pouch for this purpose. Do not put the phone in the rice bowl directly.
- After 2 days of water draining charge the phone and try to on it. If it failed to turn on, you can take it to an authorized service center for an expert check-up.
- Make sure that all the options work properly for a few days, even when the phone is turned on.
You can buy waterproof pouches for mobiles from Amazon.
Read this also: Why does mobile battery blast?
Hope you this article is helpful for you. Stay informed by joining our free updates.